Valid as of 1 January 2010
This warranty covers G.Loomis branded products (the "G.Loomis Products") distributed by Shimano Europe Fishing Holding B.V., High Tech Campus 92, 5656 AG, Eindhoven, the Netherlands (“Shimano”).
Shimano warrants to the original owner that G.Loomis rods are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal conditions and reasonable use for the lifetime of the original owner.
Reels and others
Shimano warrants to the original owner that G.Loomis reels, fly lines, luggage, clothing, waders and accessories are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal conditions and reasonable use for the period of two years from the date of original purchase.
This warranty does not cover:
• the G.Loomis Product if it has been modified or repaired by a person other than an authorized G.Loomis dealer;
• the G.Loomis Product if it has been used for rental or commercial purposes;
• damage resulting from causes other than defects in materials and workmanship, including but not limited to accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, improper assembly, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification or other abnormal, excessive or improper use;
• damage occurring during shipment of the G.Loomis Product;
• products that are not manufactured under the G.Loomis brand (whether or not packaged or sold with the G.Loomis Product at the time of purchase);
• damage resulting from use of products which are defective or incompatible with the G.Loomis Product;
• damage resulting from normal wear and tear, including but not limited to damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the G.Loomis Product (f.e. cork material).
NB: Rod breakage due to defects in materials and workmanship occur exceptionally and would normally appear upon first usage.
This warranty expressly provides for the repair or replacement of a defective G.Loomis Product and is the sole remedy of the warranty. Any and all other remedies and damage that may otherwise be applicable are excluded, including but not limited to, incidental and consequential damages.
To make a valid claim under this warranty, please return the G.Loomis Product to an authorized G.Loomis dealer, preferably the dealer it was purchased from, together with the original, dated invoice or receipt. Your dealer will contact the local warranty service department of G.Loomis to handle your warranty claim.
If, having inspected the G.Loomis Product, Shimano accepts that the G.Loomis Product is defective, Shimano will (in its sole discretion) either repair or replace the G.Loomis Product without charge.
The warranty applies only to the original purchaser and is not transferable to subsequent owners. It shall remain in force only as long as you retain ownership of the Product.
This warranty only applies in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. This warranty is governed by and construed under the laws of the country or state in which the G.Loomis Product was purchased. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and those rights may vary from country to country, or state to state. Ask your dealer for details of any warranty terms that apply specifically to the country where you purchased your G.Loomis Product.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
Shimano reserves the right to revise this limited warranty without notice.